Now at a new low price! $29.99
A Book Publisher’s Guide to Creating and Distributing Metadata for Print and Ebooks
By Renée Register & Thad McIlroy
For book publishers large and small: the #1 guide to creating and distributing metadata for maximum sales.
The Metadata Handbook shows how metadata works, enhancing findability, discoverability, and, of course, book sales. It introduces industry standards (think ONIX!) and best practices, and outlines the essential components for successful metadata creation and distribution. This handbook is a must for every publisher, both for print books and for ebooks.
The new second edition, published in January 2015, is fully updated and expanded to include the most recent information on metadata standards, practices, and use in the publishing industry.
Topics covered include:
- Essential metadata elements
- Metadata best practices and certification programs
- A focus on ONIX, but a broad view of how metadata works for book publishers
- Also covers ISBN, ISNI, ISTC, LCCN, MARC and DOI
- Metadata and the future of publishing
- Includes a comprehensive glossary of industry & technical terms
The Metadata Handbook is available in the following formats:
PDF ($95.00) (ISBN: 978-0-9858288-9-9)
EPUB (978-0-9858288-7-5) & MOBI (978-0-9858288-8-2) ($95.00) ebook editions
Large-format paperback ($125.00) (ISBN: 978-0-9858288-6-8), with next-day shipping!
Also Available From
The Second Edition Includes:
- A new chapter about Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Keywords, and Subjects
- A new chapter specifically addressing Metadata for Small Publishers and for Self-publishers
- Expanded information about transitioning to ONIX 3.0
- …While maintaining a focus both on print books and ebooks.
El manual de los metadatos
Guía para la creación y distribución de metadatos de libros impresos y digitales
Adaptado a la industria del libro en español por Arantxa Mellado y Silvia Mas
Your satisfaction is guaranteed, and the book can be returned for any reason, for a full refund.