Metadata Best Practices and Industry Certification is now available. The publication of this guide is timed to coordinate with the recent release of BISG’s Best Practices for Product Metadata: Guide for North American Data Senders and Receivers.
Intended for any publisher or organization that routinely creates, distributes, or receives book metadata, Metadata Best Practices and Industry Certification:
- Describes the purpose and history of industry best practices and standards
- Explains the structure and format of the BISG document
- Explores the core metadata elements recommended in Best Practices for Product Metadata
- Provides guidance (including exercises) for using the BISG document to implement best practices.
- Explains the role of best practices in industry metadata certification programs
Metadata Best Practices and Industry Certification also accompanies a Digital Book World University course of the same title. The four-week online course is one of a series of four metadata courses offered by DBW U.